Google+ Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Signing Words for children

Quote of the Day:

 Always and forever is a grandmother’s love.

(anonymous)




Being a grandmother who signs some, I started teaching my granddaughter a few word when she was a baby. I just taught her how to sign eat, drink, more and cookie. It made life so much easier when she could communicate with us some. I taught cookie as a fun word, but we ended up using for anything that was treat. She didn't always get cookies.



My daughter and I have been working with Luke to teach him the word "more". I know I'm blocking some of the video, but you can see that he is getting it.


If your child or grandchild can tell you what they want, it solves a lot of problems and makes other easier.

Now his little sister is learning to tell her Mama she wants more.