Google+ Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Super Hero

Quote of the Day:

All Grandmothers like letters. Even if they just consist of a squiggle and a dirty finger mark.

 Author: unknown







My grandson Luke is into the super heroes. I got the idea for the top sweatshirt from Pinterest, Captain America. The Pinterest sweatshirt had the mask attacked to the hood. I chose to make the mask separate. I bought a hooded sweatshirt and appliqued the A on the hood and the star on the chest. I used my embroidery machine for this. The appliques were under $3.00 each. I made a pattern for the white and red strips on the arms from printer paper. I did sew those on by hand. 

The jet pack is not part of Captain America's outfit traditionally, but Luke loved it. My husband sprayed the 2 liter bottles with a white primer and then the silver gray paint. I found a template online for flames and used felt to cut out the different size flames. They are just twisted up and stuffed inside the bottle. This is not the first time I have made this  The first time I glued the bottles to a cardboard piece that I cut out and added straps to. This time I bought a book bag at the thrift store for $0.75. I cut the front off and glued the bottles to the inside back. Now I have ready made strips and it looks much more professional. What is not on this one that was on the first one is pictures of little signs that say flammable. With travel overseas the way it is today, I can add that little thing when I get to their house. 

I showed them to Luke when we Skyped and he said, "Look Mama!! Fire!!!" and was grinning from ear to ear. I'm excited to see his face when they are in the same room as he is. 

Thanks for letting me share.